Sway bar disconnects???

So, what do you guys know about Sway bar disconnects??? I heard teraflex make a "quick-disconnect" for somewhere around 99 bucks.....are these things worth it, hard to install, and what exactly will they do for me????[addsig]

i have taken off my swaybars all together. i get much better flex but have to put up with a l;ittle extra body roll on the street. the swaybar dissconnects are expensive ( too me anyway) and can be aPITA to put back on.[addsig]

I have thought about taking off my sway bar as well. How bad will this effect my driving on the the road. I don't want to make it to unomfortable to drive because it is still my daily driver.[addsig]

I think it's okay to remove the front swaybar on a YJ, just never run onroad in a TJ with the front swaybar removed.

I run my YJ with no front swaybar and no rear trackbar. I keep the front trackbar, I tried it without it and it steers horribly, steering trying to fight the rear locker, requiring about 50% more steering wheel effort.[addsig]

My first Mod was JKS Quicker Disconnects. they run about 130-150 bucks with Tax. I have ridden on the road with them disconnected, trying to find level ground, and that is pretty scary starting at the first turn at even 10 MPH. Getting a TJs disconnects off are more of a pain than getting new On. I will suggest that you find a trackbar end puller fork for this.
Loosen the bottom sway bar bolts almost all the way off and jiggle the sway bar away from the lower arm.
Leave the nut on the bolt so the sway bar will not flop around.
Next take the Top nut completely off and use the Trackbar end-fork just below the top mount (fat bushing full of grease will be there be sure you are above this bushing.)
Use your BFH to hammer the Fork between the bushing and top sway arm. 5 or 10 good whacks and the sway bar will pop out.
then remove the bottom bolt and remove the swaybar.
make sure you are level and that the new sway bars are as close to straight-up as possible.

gimme an IM sometime waldenjg if ya have any questions. I did this mod no more than 2 months ago so it is fresh on muh mind.[addsig]

Back