TJ daytime running lights

Noli

Do any other TJ drivers have daytime running lights? My jeep came from the canada plant (pretty cool, it even has canada stickers on everything), and I know that all cars up there are required to keep their lights on all the time. I have not read/seen anyway way to disconnect these, so I'm assuming that I have to keep them on. Are all new TJ's like this, or just mine? Anyway, I've never seen any other jeeps (or noticed at least) having these lights on. Does anyone know a way to disconnect? [addsig]

My dad had day time runners on is truck and he used to turn them off by engaging the E-brake 1-2 clicks, not actually putting the brake on. You might try that.[addsig]

Ive never seen or heard of day time running lights on a jeep....I drive a 98 TJ that doesnt have them if this is any help. Theyre not neccesarly a bad thing, as long as you dont mind people yelling at you that you have your lights on....but if you look at the bright side (no pun intended) youll never forget to turn your lights on or off, people will notice you alot more, which is just cool in general and youll probably get in less accidents, and even if you do, youll always have the saftey issue on your side of the fact that you had your lights on.[addsig]

I agree with stang, just leave them on. I think it's cool. I've left my lights on at least twice (killing the battery as a result) in the past 12 months. Don't mess with it. Just my $.02

c[addsig]

I have a '02 and I don't have daytime lights but I have seen many pretty new jeeps here in colorado that have them.[addsig]

Noli, do you have a pic of the 'daytime running lights'.

I would help me I.D. them for you. or description of
location, size, shape, etc ??[addsig]

Keep em on baby, you've just made me think to get some on my jeep. I'd love to stop killing my poor batteries =/ Daytime running lamps are your best friend when your lit (I hope you get that pun!)[addsig]

Now Now, we don't admit to driving "lit" this is a family site. Good pun though. hehe

Leave the lights alone. I am asuming your jeep is new, you don't want to risk ruining something, or voiding a warranty.

If it bothers you soo much, I am willing to trade with ya. Taake my 94 YJ without daytime lights, and I will suffer with a newer TJ. Trust me, I am loosing out on this deal HEHE

Johnny[addsig]

Its a canadian jeep thing, we american jeepers wouldnt understand :-D Seriously tho, i think its just canadian jeeps that have it. I have seen one other with it, but it was a canadian jeep too

HTH

Nathan[addsig]

Back