Can't find O2 sensor plug

Pickles

this is a bit embarrassing, but I'm lost for an answer. I replaced the (completely grenaded) clutch on my 2008 JK wrangler. I have re-assembled everything and was plugging in all of the disconnected sensors working back to front. I can't seem to find WHERE the top (first) drivers side O2 sensor plugs in. Where is the receptor plug for that plug? The lead is about twelve inches long, and I KNOW that receptacle has to be SOMEWHERE within reach, but I sure can't find where on the wiring harness it might be.

Thanks,
andy

I'm hoping that the connector didn't get pinched between the engine and bell housing. It should be attached to a wiring harness loom.

Sent from my iPad using Jeepz

Found it! The end had popped back up between the wiring loom and the fender. Took about an hour to find. Clutch replacement worked well. It is smoother than the original. I realized today that I haven't replaced a clutch in over twenty five YEARS! The jK probably wasnt the easiest one to remember on, and large people with BIG hands are gonna suffer. The two top bolts holding the transmission and bell housing together were impossible to break loose with a 3/8ths drive and breaker bar. I ended up lowering the transmission after dropping the mounts and skid plates, pulling the gear shift lever, and sneaking a 1/2 long extension and loosening them from INSIDE the cab of the jeep.

Back