Who sells the highest quality replacement body pannels for a CJ?

flatie46

I'm working on a an '81 Scrambler that is pretty rusty. Needs cab floors, bed floors and a patch here and there. Probably wasn't worth saving but I got it cheap and weighed it out vs what they want for one that's been poorly patched I thought I'd build it so I knew what I had. Well I know my skill level... I could have done the work but in the end I don't think I'd have been satisfied. So... I have a long time friend who is amazing with sheet metal. and he's been doing some work on this project. He made the bed floors and a rocker patch everything lookin' good. Well this week we get into the cab floors, I had ordered a set of ebay that were American Made ( I wont mention the name yet ) and were assured of the highest quality. Let's just say we're less than impressed. Yes they will work and I know in any repro pannel you have to do your part in making it work. These were not die stamped and look hand made. My friend could make some like the originals but there would be alot of time and cost. Just wondering if anyone knew of some good source for a higher quality.

You might want to check out Willlys-Overland in Toledo. I got my CJ5 body there & am very pleased with it.
www.
willysoverland
.com

Back