In need of Traction bar

1995jeepyj

I was hoping someone on here might have a traction bar for a 1995 jeep wrangler that they are not using. I am having terrible axle wrap and I don't have the money to buy one right now. I was hoping someone could make on for pretty cheap or sale me one for a decent price. It don't have to be anything fancy just something to stop the axle wrap cause it's worse than ever. Thank you.

You can fab one up pretty easily from implement links from your local farm supply store to get you by, or add a leaf to the spring packs. Adding a leaf above the existing leaves helps a lot.

I have rough country leafs so would I be able to add a regular leaf to it or would I have to find another rough country?

Ok thanks for the help. I will pobaly do both traction bar and new leaf just for the best result

Are you SOA? I have a trac bar that I built long time ago that was on the rear of a comanche project that I ended up linking. I am 99% sure I still have it in the shop. Made from DOM (I think 1.5") with Ruff Stuff threaded inserts and I know it has 3 brand new Ruff Stuff heims with misalignment spacers. I would be willing to let is go for what I paid for the joints plus shipping. You would have to fabricate everything else.

If your interested, let me know, I'll dig it out and verify all this info.

How much for it because I have the soa set up but I just put the axles back to normal with my 3 inch lift. I have to get new drive shaft and different tie rod set up. Would the trac bar fit my jeep with 5.5 inch soa plus a 3 inch suspension lift?

I don't see why it wouldn't work, it is just a trac bar. I'll snag a picture tonight and get all the critical measurements. I think I also have a set of axle mounts that you can weld on. (<-I think)
I will also come up with a price, I think they are 3/4" heims, but they might be 7/8's. There is a significant price difference between the two; 3/4" are $59.99 and the 7/8 are $69.99.

I'll let you know tomorrow.

To give you an idea, this is what the trac bar looks like (this is not the actual one)

183179d1113874684-making-track-bar-need-opinions-100_0499.jpg

You know what, I think I also still have the shackle that I bought to go along with this. Brand spanking new.

I'll grab photos of everything tonight.

The amount of lift is arbitrary. If you are staying spring under, you should not need a trac bar. If you still have spring wrap while SUA, you have some junk or broken springs.

If you wanted, you could put a trac bar like this onto a jeep that is bone stock. It is not needed, but you could do it.

How much are you wanting for your trac bar? I'll probably just go back to soa.

The length from heim center to heim center as you see if is about 30" and at the axle, there is about 7" of separation. These numbers are not hard since there is some adjustability in the heims. That is the bracket that I had for it, it was a radius arm coil bracket from ballistic fab that I re-used for this application. The bar material is 1.75" DOM tube with Ruff Stuff weld in bungs and brand new 3/4 heims and misalignment spacers (three total) The jam nuts have been allocated to another project but are not needed for this application since there the movement is perpendicular to the threading. I can not find the shackle I have. So I will send you everything you see below for $100, that is less than what the new heims cost me. (I paid $35.99x3 plus shipping) Plus I'll give you the bar as it is, and the axle bracket. (about 4ft of DOM is about $7 per foot and not sure what the bracket cost.) The only thing I will not send is the hardware you see, it is not the correct size and is simply holding the spacers in the joint. You would not want them anyway.

I can probably put the heims into a flat rate shipping box and then just slap a shipping label in the bar itself. Shipping is on your dime, but I will find the cheapest way.

I think that is a more than fair deal, let me know.

*EDIT to change price* I forgot that I can look up my order history and I got the actual price I paid. I forgot I bought these while on sale so I made the correct adjustment. Not looking to make profit off this, would just like to see it get used.

Last edited:
Back