Does this look weird to you??

Dirty-Jeep-Girl

ForumRunner_20140610_202755.png

Ok...besides for it being sideways....lol.

Not sure what looks different to you. But in another post of yours I see a non stock drop pitman arm. That could lead to some DW issues bring the track bar and control arm are not parallel. Though there are no shots straight on from the front.

I believe, I would have to find another mechanic. To me it doesn't look safe. I don't like the smashed end of pipe holding that clevis. That does look like a lug nut on it too.
How much is it lifted?

Just noticed, no shock is in the spring.

Last edited:
The shock is behind the spring, as it should be in this application.

The nut on top of the swaybar needs loosened so bracket can be twisted to remove the binding. Then retighten.

Ah thanks. I had to look a few times to spot it. Always expect to see them inside the spring. I've not been around many mountain climbers. When I was a young lad, I drove a mountain goat, my dad built from a dodge power wagon. Strictly off road, boy that was fun.

I originally posted the pic because someone told me my "bumper" was too long??? So was just seeing what you guys had to say.....lol. Honestly too much!! Lol...now I got all kinds of stuff to understand and check. ;) Thanks....I think.

I originally posted the pic because someone told me my "bumper" was too long??? So was just seeing what you guys had to say.....lol. Honestly too much!! Lol...now I got all kinds of stuff to understand and check. ;) Thanks....I think.

Ok!?¿ ill bite. Sorry but I don't see a bumper in that image. So guess?¿ it's not too long.?

Or do you mean bump stop? To determine that measure the distance between the bump stop and bottom contact point. And compare that to the front shocks length of the exposed shaft/piston rod between the shock and end.

This rod length should be longer than the bump stop didtsnce.

Last edited:
Ok!?¿ ill bite. Sorry but I don't see a bumper in that image. So guess?¿ it's not too long.?

Or do you mean bump stop? To determine that measure the distance between the bump stop and bottom contact point. And compare that to the front shocks length of the exposed shaft/piston rod between the shock and end.

This rod length should be longer than the bump stop didtsnce.

Thats probably what the guy ment...he was French so something must have gotten lost in translation. ..lol. Ill be sure to measure that as soon as it stops raining!! Thank you!!

This site rocks!!

Back