U Joint brands

jlange

I want them to LAST.

My choices locally are:
1. Duralast Gold
2. NAPA
3. Precision

Any word on which brands are best/worst? I watched a video about replacing u joints that recommended getting ones with the grease fitting on the end cap not in the body (cross) for better strength.
He also recommended MOOG parts but I don't think I have access to that brand locally. My rear joint is about ready to drop so I need to replace it yesterday. I'm going to keep this jeep forever so I don't want to go cheap.

If you get the ones with the zerk in the cross you want it in the compressed location when moving forward, not the pulling location.

Spicer

2x on the zerk direction. Also check with the mfg on the grease to use. Spicer only recommends certain grease. If something else is used corrosion sets in and warranty is gone.

Ps depending on how many you need you could buy a set cheaper than individuals.

I called NAPA because they don't show the manufacturer names online and asked for the highest quality u joint with zerk in the cap. He gave me part no. PUJ 280. I asked who makes it and he said Mogul. I searched "Mogul universal joints" and it looks like Moog is a brand owned by Federal-Mogul. So NAPA does carry the Moog Super Strength U joint (part no. PUJ 280) for $24.14
Thanks!

Back