cj vs wrangler

I'm not an expert so I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe they'll fit as a "direct bolt up". CJ'
s and YJ's (1995 down) are pretty compatable as far as hard top and doors, but not the TJ's ('97-'06). But of course, anything can be made to fit anything, just a matter of $$$$$$$.

Aside from the opening being different..... I believe the striker assemblies are different. I believe the latch / striker changed in 81. So if you have doors off an 80, they won't latch or close properly without some mods.

As for the top..... I really don't know. Everything I've read always pointed at CJ / YJ interchangeability. A TJ is something I never messed with.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz

It isn't bolt on but you can modify a cj7 hard too to fit a tj. You have to grind the leading edge of the too that meets the outside of the windshield frame. On a cj7/yj the top comes over "flat" on a tj it is slightly angled. Grind slowly till the formed in gasket disappears check your progress several times. Advice I got from a wise old machinist, it's easy taking the material off it's a ***** putting it back on.

ForumRunner_20140831_204232.png

ForumRunner_20140831_204300.png

ForumRunner_20140831_204232.png

I can take some better pics of the top of you need or try to answer any questions you may have. As to fitting cj7 full doors it's going to depend on the door. If the door latches to the body tub it's not going to work, if the door uses the pin style striker you can make your own to work. Attached is picture of the striker setup I made as well as cj7 doors and hardtop on mg tj.

Back