95 Jeep Wrangler will not start...No Spark??

The question was already answered, but the reason I brought it up was I replaced my cps with a AutoZone cps (I didn't know better at the time). It didn't fail immediately but it wasn't "right" . I replaced it with a cps from the dealer, and no more issues.

I ordered the sensor from the dealer on Monday......waiting for delivery....Ugghh!! I thought I was going to enjoy driving the jeep with no top? Looks like I'll be putting the hard top on for the winter soon.....there is always next year!
Thanks

jfrabat,

I already tried that switch and it didn't work....so i gave a new one a shot. Relay was probably ok since the vehicle started right up after I changed the CPS......as soon as i get that one in from the dealer, I'll loop everyone in on what I hope to be the resolution....fingers crossed...won't be until Saturday.

I run a mechanic shop and advise not to shop at Auto Zone for parts. Too many problems. BWD from O'Reilly is a good brand. If you replaced the Crankshaft Position sensor and it started up and ran for a little while but now at square 1 I would check for a broken wire. Also you mentioned replacing the ECM? Sometimes the ECM will be bad as well or may need to be programmed for your specific vehicle. Daimler Chrysler is the only manufacturer out that you need a special computer to reprogram their ECM's.

hey im sorry for posting in your comversation but okay i have a dumb question, i dont know how to post on here my own thing. i am just a girlfriend here looking to ask you guys what i should buy my boyfriend for his birthday. he has a jeep xj wagoneer. he has so much he did on it i cant even remember it all. but anyways hes adding long arms to it this week and his birthday is the 7th of october. i just need some ideas of what to grt him... i am already going to dress all sexy for some pics on his jeep lol i just wanna get him a big box of shit for his jeep and keep him happy. trying to soend 200 or less... oreferably less. the oicture attached is his jeep uploadfromtaptalk1411207806955.jpg

Has he ever talked about adding a LED light bar across the top?

Whoaitssliz,

I wish I could help you out but I just picked my jeep up less than 3 months ago and have not even begun to trick it out yet. I have been busy fixing the 19 years of rust and wear on it to only find out I have a starting issue......:( Sorry I could not be of further assistance.........

As a guy, I think he would enjoy the pics of you in front of the jeep. I have found that buying things for the jeep is not always straight forward and depending on what it is your trying to do, often changes the scope of the project.....Good Luck!!

OK....I'm back.....:)
I have been very busy with kids and work. Jeep has been at the bottom of my driveway.....it started out of nowhere and I just moved it to the top of the driveway so i can work on it. I left it there for another week.
It has been started two times since with absolutely nothing else changing or being worked on. It runs still at an idle and from time to time drops below normal idle but corrects itself but keeps running.

Tonight was Jeep night.......I started the jeep and let it run for 15 minutes with no issues. I began to look for a possible wire issue moving all wires around by the coil and distributor. Two times the jeep cut out and stalled when moving the wires. I thought I had the problem solved. So, i took all harnesses and tape off of wires to rule out one by one. With the jeep running once again, I began to move and bend wires looking for the bad one. The jeep never stalled again?????? Wholly crap!!!

I decided to replace the pick up cable (under distributor) and Air intake sensor on throttle body and restarted jeep. Let the jeep run and advancing the idle above 2000 RPMs so AIT sensor would reset.
The jeep came back down to a smooth idle where I let it run again for another 10 minutes with no issues.

Jeep seemed to be running fine and smooth. I decided to take it out for a spin. I drove around the block several time keeping it very slow and smooth....never went above 3rd gear. Never jumped on it and raced it. It ran great!!!!! So, I decided to jump on it a little bit......From the start, it jumped off the line, when I switched into 2nd gear it started to buck and hesitate. Moving into 3rd gear it was hesitating and bucking bad. I turned the corner and the jeep cut out again. I quickly pulled over and tried to start it again.....it did the same thing.....would keep turning over and would not start....had to leave it on a neighborhood road...

Very difficult issue.......does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Dave

From a cold start how far can you make it with it not stalling? Is it only doing it while engine is hot?

I re-read your original post and something bothers me. You said you confirmed fuel because you could smell it at the throttle body, the 95 is multi port injected...if your smelling fuel maybe you have a leaking injector or fuel rail. Also if the fuel pump is getting weak it could give you the grief your experiencing. I fought a weak fuel pump for a couple of weeks before I pinned down the problem and had experienced alot of the same issues you're dealing with.

From a cold start.....i ran the jeep in idle in driveway for nearly 40 minutes....after changing out to other parts....like I mentioned above, there was no change in its operation....took it out for a spin and drove it normally 1st, 2nd, 3rd gear...making full stops at stop signs looking for any chances of stalling....had none. It's only when i got on it a little harder is when it started to buck and hesitate....never did i get above 3rd gear. here's the thing......I was racing the throttle in driveway....keeping it at over 2000 rpm for 3 minutes to get AIT sensor to reset.Still baffled......

Eric,I always get gas.....that never seems to be an issue. always check the valve on the fuel rail and gas spurts out. I would think I would get the hesitation also when raced at high idle in driveway? No? You always hear the fuel pump when turning the jeep on at start up.....seems to be working but I guess i can check the pressur to rule it out......what type of tool do I need to do that?Thanks

Fuel to the injectors is one thing correct maintained pressure at high idle is another. Check the pressure and compare it to expected values.

Definitely sounds like a fuel related problem. a lot of your part stores have tools that you can rent. I would check to see if they have a fuel pressure gauge and run it under a load while you're driving and see what the fuel pressure is doing.

Eric,I always get gas.....that never seems to be an issue. always check the valve on the fuel rail and gas spurts out. I would think I would get the hesitation also when raced at high idle in driveway? No? You always hear the fuel pump when turning the jeep on at start up.....seems to be working but I guess i can check the pressur to rule it out......what type of tool do I need to do that?Thanks

When I had my fuel pump get weak it typically wouldn't act up until an hour or so into a trip. I had pretty much exactly what you are describing happen to me.

Hey guys, new guy here just looking for answers. Reading through this thread I have similar issues where my Jeep starts and runs fine but just dies randomly and then will get no spark from the coil. Replaced coil ran fine, died again several times. I don’t find the end of this thread to have any answers. Should I create a new thread or look for answers here? Any help would be appreciated

Start s new one.
Tell your year make model.
What is happening. Whats not happening. When dies it happen and when it doesn’t..,
Any codes or lights. Sounds vibes...
What you did to it so far. Part and beand of replacement... When did it start.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Back