'05 TJ won't crank

Oldchief

My '05 TJ, 6 cyl, 6 spd transmission , 73k miles, has always run great. However, went to start her the other day and NOTHING! Battery checks good. When you turn key to on position all lights, radio, blower fan, all work fine. But when I turn key to cranking position, nothing happens. No solenoid chatter or anything. Got under it and tapped starter and solenoid with a hammer but that didn't help either. Could it be the switch that keeps it from cranking until clutch is depressed? Anyone got any other ideas? Thanks!

When you turn he key off do he lights og off or stay on? Do you feel two click positions in the key when turning it from the off to he on position? If not, your actuator pin is broken. I just repaired it on mine. Doorman part plus hey make a video on he repair.

JPN,
Thanks for your reply. If by lights you mean dash lights, they go off when key is turned to off. And, there are definitely 2 clicks in switch when turning key; on & start.
Oldchief

You comment on the clutch switch: It can be checked by placing a 10 A fuse in the clutch bypass slot in the PDM under the hood.

Last edited:
Back