in need of All Terrains

prariepunk

The BFGoodrich KM2s that I bought have lasted 4 years (2 are still good) but with the Jeep doing less trail & more grocery getting, I've decided to start the switch to all terrains. I like the BFGoodrich T/As ($165 for 33x10.50x15/$190 for 33x12.50x15)) but I'm on a budget... anybody have any suggestions?

I've run the BFG T/A KO for years without issues. I'd still be running the set purchased in 07 if it wasn't for a bout with DW while on a 1000+ mi trip.

General makes a similar pattern.

BFG long trail or Bridgestone Dueler AT

I've run the BFG T/A KO for years without issues. I'd still be running the set purchased in 07 if it wasn't for a bout with DW while on a 1000+ mi trip.

DW, is that drug withdrawl ?

Ramona tires recommended Firestone destination AT. I've been running on them about 1.5 years I'm happy with them. My stock 30x10.5R15 were $100, though the 33x12.5R15 are $165.

DW, is that drug withdrawl ?

oppps, figured it out ,"death wobble", right? Never was any good at that hangman game. :)

I'll probably get better at it with time and lots of practice, with the end result of pi$$ing every one off that thinks I'm a mind reader. Just bear with me and don't get excited.

I like the BFGoodrich T/A they're about the only reasonably priced/aggressive AT out there

Living in SA I can't really comment on the price of tires!!
For that price its a steal, even if I convert dollars to rand it's still a bargain.
You wouldn't make a mistake with BFGoodrich. It's a good quality tire.

I had Goodyear A/Ts on my Jeep at one point but they seemed to wear so quickly... even more so than the KM2s I have on there now

I had Goodyear A/Ts on my Jeep at one point but they seemed to wear so quickly... even more so than the KM2s I have on there now

Your alignment is good and components tight? I had them for seven years, can't say a ton of miles but they didn't wear quick until the DW.

Last edited:

I go through hub bearings about every 6-8 months :'( but it was the rear tires that got eaten... I figured my mud tires would wear even faster

Bfg at usually last forever. I had the same 33s for years and only got rid of them because they were on the truck when sold.

If anything you look at is close in price to the bfg, just get the bfg.

Another good tire is the Goodyear duratrac but I don't know the cost versus the bfg.

Back