Need help with frame brackets

CapnKirk

Hello all, newbie here. Hope it's not too soon to ask for help.

I finally may have the time to restore my '74 CJ5. It has sat around for 20 years. It originally came with a 258 six; the block cracked one winter, so I replaced it with a 304. But the engine does not sit level. Over the years I have gathered some frame-to-motor mount brackets (motor supports?) from various AMC vehicles, hoping to get the right combination, or mix and match, to get the engine level.

But if someone in this forum has a '72-'75 CJ5 with a factory-installed 304, that person could save me alot of work and time by taking pics of the frame-to-motor mount brackets and emailing them to me. Then I could see if I have the right ones among those I have. The pics should show the angle and relative size of the bracket (in other words, taken from the side, not from below).

I would be eternally grateful; just let me know if you need anything from me. My email is rsbro5257@gmail.com.

Thanks guys.

You only need to change one motor mount to swap from the 6 to the 304 and for the life of me I cant think of which side it is, I think the drivers. you can try to find a AMC v8 cj engine frame horn (you only need the one, I think the otherside is the same mount you have now) and it bolts to the frame, you will use three existing holes in the frame and drill one and it bolts right on.

Thanks, but didn't really want to spend that much, especially since I may have the right mount among my collection.

Roy

69jeepcj:

Thanks for the info. I may already have the part in question; if I could just get a picture of it, I would know. Also, I have swapped sides before in an attempt to level the engine, so I need pictures of both sides to know which one goes where. Hopefully someone here can help me out.

Roy

I cant get you a pic because my jeep has a chevy engine conversion in it and the mounts are different. hopefully someone will post you a pic. sorry

Back