Flat fenders

redbird0221

I've got a 75 CJ-5, been thinking about going with flat front fenders recently. I have access to a spare set of fenders for free so cost isn't a issue, just time and effort. Any advice pro and con would be appreciated.[addsig]

......why? dunno if it would look quite right. [addsig]

yeah i seen them on this guys website..they look pretty neat. but i dunno if its my style.. got alot of other cool stuff on his site..really nice lookin jeep too LINK![addsig]

Thanks for the site LGR, I checked it out, looks pretty good, I liked it. probably a bit on the expensive site, with all those mods on his jeep, I would hate to bounce a tree of those new fenders!

Johnny[addsig]

Very informative site LGR, thanks. That's not quite the look I was thinking of but its something to ponder. It is a great looking jeep, but he apparently has more money to play with than I do. [addsig]

I like the Flat Fenders look, and they would make a bunch of sence off the road but the windshield would be a mess on the hwy with a light rain I bet. tug[addsig]

Here's some Jeeps of some friends of mine, one is a CJ7 and the other is a '73 Commando with a CJ front clip. Both have cut the fenders to 'flattie' style :cool: Oh, and one flattie TJ, the Commando owner's wife.
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

These pics should make you Kentucky Jeepers proud (Turkey Bay) :-O [addsig]

they're starting to look nicer and nicer on each differnt jeep I see with 'em. tempting. they don't have a kit for this do they?
-Evan[addsig]

The ones in my pics are homebrewed. There is a company in the jeep mags that makes a replacement fiberglass hood that has two small flat fenders molded high on each side. The stock fenders then come completely off. Haven't seen any other kits, all you need is a skilled hand at whatever tool you choose to cut the fenders with.

My buddy with the above '00 TJ flattie, he took off the stock fenders and put them in his garage attic. The flatties are a pair of spare fenders he picked up cheap, not a bad idea.[addsig]

yeah i'm sure i could rig somthin up...would they pass inspection? so long as they cover the wheels..even though they are nothing like stock flares...well..atleats in NJ?
-Evan[addsig]

Back