help to know which is the noise that I bear in my jeep

Benallie Mon

I have a Prolema with my jeep wrangler tj under my jeep . 3 days ago this sounding noise comes in squeak and transfer 4x4 you could tell me what's that sound

This description is kind of vague but I suggest that the transfer case lubricant level be checked and also check the front driveshaft universal joints for wear . See if there is any tell tale signs of torn grease seals on the U-joint caps and if any red dust is present . If there are no zerk fittings on the cross or on one u-joint cap , the drive shaft may need to be rebuilt. Be sure to check all u-joints as well including the front axle u-joints. Jeeps are tough but must be maintained.

Good chance the CV joint (double cardan) in the front driveshaft is going bad. Replace it before it explodes and takes out the transfer case.

I have a Prolema with my jeep wrangler tj under my jeep . 3 days ago this sounding noise comes in squeak and transfer 4x4 you could tell me what's that sound
squeal just makes when in bearing. with 4x4 and 4x4 without working. when stopped not sound.

This description is kind of vague but I suggest that the transfer case lubricant level be checked and also check the front driveshaft universal joints for wear . See if there is any tell tale signs of torn grease seals on the U-joint caps and if any red dust is present . If there are no zerk fittings on the cross or on one u-joint cap , the drive shaft may need to be rebuilt. Be sure to check all u-joints as well including the front axle u-joints. Jeeps are tough but must be maintained.
squeal just makes when in bearing. with 4x4 and 4x4 without working. when stopped not sound.

The CV will squeek in 2wd and 4wd, it's spinning in both modes.

If you want to narrow it down, remove the front driveshaft and see if the squeek goes away.

Back