Gears

What's the best brand of lift for a lift for a daily driver?

Welcome to Jeepz.com Chesserj.

What year, model, and type of transmission do you have in your Jeep?

Do you, or will you have a locker in one or both axles?

If your jeep has the dana35 rear axle, I would not recommend you putting 35" and 5.13 gears in it. It will not survive, MAYBE as a daily driver but I wouldn't chance it. your front axle would be fine though. Your rear axle is of a weak design and when (not if, but when) it go,s you will be stranded. You can replace your rear axle with one from a ford explorer, I believe a Cherokee. Im not the best on info for the TJ so others will probably be able to inform you better as to what axles would be best swaps. I HAVE NO PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITH THE DANA 35, JUST WHAT I HAVE REAR ABOUT OVER "MANY" YEARS..

I bring the strength of the axle up because a gear change is not cheap and would be a BIG waste of money if the axle wont survive.

And what size tires do you plan on running?

69jeepcj, I don't think the d35 will fit 5.13 gears. 4.88 is the lowest for that axle.

Wow, I don't know where I got the 35" tires from. could have sworn I read he wanted 5.13 gears and 35" tires. I didn't know 4.88 was the lowest you could go with the D35, but do remember it mentioned on other posts now that you brought it up.

Scrap the d35. You can by a ford 8,8 online for $375 comes with new disk brake rotors and pads. New brackets are around $200 and and gears are under $300 for it and it will
Be bulletproof. That's my next mod , I'm running on borrowed time with my d35 and 35" tires, worst axle ever. I've seen way to many break, and it will break anywhere, the housing, carrier, axle shaft, or ring gear. Junk

Look on eBay, there's an online store that has lots of them. Gears are a bit tricky to put in but everyone knows someone that can help, do a favor for them
Later on.

image-2885874115.jpg

Back