TLydon19

Hi all! I'm new to the forum. I own a 2001 Jeep TJ and am looking into lifting it. Originally, I was going to go with the 3.25" RC Suspension lift. This is no longer an option because i recently had to have some frame rot addressed, leaving me with a newly welded crossmember. Since the lift requires spacers to be put in, I would have to take out the cross members to bolt the spacers in. I'm not comfortable with the idea of putting more stress on an already repaired area. The lift will mainly be for aesthetics, as it's my DD and won't be doing much crawling. I'm trying to run 33's for sure. Any suggestions are welcome!

Welcome to Jeepz.com.

The spacers you refer to are essentially a body lift. I think you're smart in not stressing your weak body mounts more with a body lift.

If you are only going to be on the street, you could likely get away with some 2" spacers (the kind of spacers that sit on top of your springs), or the 2" RC springs. This would essentially be the RC suspension lift without the body lift. 2" with 33s won't give you enough clearance for offroading, but you'll probably be fine on the street.

Rough Country has been a sponsor here. Try calling in and talk to Dustin, and reference Jeepz.com - his info is here:
http://www.jeepz.com/forum/4x4-vendors/27627-rough-country-here.html

I installed a 2" spacer lift - you can see the install here:
http://www.jeepz.com/forum/suspensi...alling-rubicon-express-2-coil-spacer-kit.html

Thanks for the information! I looked it up and it sounds like the perfect solution for me. What was the general cost for the lift? Thanks again.

Yes a RC 2.5 in lift will fit 33x9.5r15 without rubbing. Though the 9.50's aren't mfg anymore. The 33x10.5r15 will rub on the control arms at full turn. Wheel back spacing will correct this. Be sure to install bumps tops if you get the RC kit. They do not include them.

New to the jeep world also I just put a lift on my 2000 tj. I put a two inch lift with 33s used old man springs 2in heavy duty in the front and 2in med duty in the back and it worked great after putting winch and bumper on put a 1 1/2 spacer in front to level it out and have more then enough room for tires

I'm running 33.12.50 15s on 15-10 rims also have a soft top if you have a hard too I would go with heavy on the back also

Back