New faded plastic restorer

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
I was cruising the local advance auto parts when I noticed this

IMG_20150406_190217.jpg

I've been using back to black for a while now, but this may be a good option.

Anyone tried this?

I read on another forum that as far as OE fender flares go on CJ's that we shouldn't use these kind of products. I don't know if it's a bunch of hooey, perhaps someone else will chime in?

I've been using the Mothers Back to Black also and am pretty happy with it but I'm open to anything if it will last longer. That ArmorAll says it will last for 100 washes so I guess I'd be good for at least 15 years after one application. I'm sold.

I've been using the Mothers Back to Black also and am pretty happy with it but I'm open to anything if it will last longer. That ArmorAll says it will last for 100 washes so I guess I'd be good for at least 15 years after one application. I'm sold.

Once every 15 years!?!! Dang what are driving a mall crawler?

I believe he wears dirt with pride and let's Mother Nature clean it. If it were a mall crawler he'd be washing it daily.
100 washes and 15 yrs is 6.66 washes per year. It rains heavily more than that in a year.

I believe he wears dirt with pride and let's Mother Nature clean it. If it were a mall crawler he'd be washing it daily.
100 washes and 15 yrs is 6.66 washes per year. It rains heavily more than that in a year.

Yup, that's what I was implying. I don't wash it that often and once every couple months was being generous. I washed it last weekend and that was the first time since the end of last summer. I feel no need to keep a Jeep shiney so that stuff should last a very long time if the 100 wash thing is to be believed. Although, I'm sure what they mean is that they applied it and ran it through 100 washes one after the other in the same day. The real metric I want to know about is how many months out in the elements it will last and not how many times I can wash it in one day.

Back