Doing a little wiring cleanup

Turbogus

Over a year ago I wired up a Merc. Mystique fan, a Ford PDB and a grounding bus bar near my 2nd battey.
My new mission is to extend and re-route all of the loomed wiring to under the battery, then along the firewall.
Last night I pulled the batteries and removed the rubber insulating mat and there it was, powdered oxidation on the battery shelf. Removed it and brought it to work today to grind out the corrosion and coat with POR 15 and paint.
At least with this out of the way I have easy access to the spark plugs and plug wire and all of my ancilliary wiring to to keep it out of the engine compartment.

A friend got a can of it at a local paint store and, since he was done with it he gave me the remainder, over half a can!

It's slow going Leon, but once I get organized I can post some pics, (Here's the thread on the fan swap with pics though;
http://www.jeepz.com/forum/cj-yj-tj-jk/39995-contour-fan-upgrade-need-step-step-please.html

Last night just added some NOS Accel 8mm spark plug wires (from the '70's) go figure had to modify the last one to go on.
I'm going to be trimming about 10" from the inner fender on the port side and adding a thick pice of rubber sheet in it's place so I can have better access to the spark plugs from cylinders 6 & 8, that'll definitely be worth posting some pics.

Last edited:
What lies beneath the battery shelf; (note how tight it is to get to plugs six and eight).

Photo0149.jpg

Photo0150.jpg

and this is the oddly shaped battery shelf, I can juust squeeze the dual batteries on this.

Photo0151.jpg

Back