1973 jeep cj5 demand

jpars89

My uncle has a '73 CJ5 that he's looking to sell. Without bringing up numbers I will say that it needs some work, and I have a vast amount of mechanical know-how and ability.

I live in Colorado, I was wondering, does anyone know if there is any demand for an older CJ like this? I was trying to find some other examples online but don't see much. (Thinking about fixing it up and trying to sell it for more than he's asking for it currently.)

Also, I've seen a couple threads saying that finding parts for a CJ older than '76 is difficult, so would it even be worth attempting to fix up?

Last edited:

It kind of depends on the shape it's in. There is some demand for an "unmoletsted"(close to stock) Jeep of that age in good shape. As far as someone who want's a modified CJ for trail riding etc,there are probably more desirable years(eg."76 & later).
Pictures & more details would be helpful.

As mentioned there is some demand for such a cj. The one good thing it does have going for it is the flanged 30 splined dana 44 rear axle.. cj5,s are getting harder to find and I thing it would be a good investment as long as the purchasing price isn't too high.

Back