Polyurethane bushings

Which bushings? There are so many. You might want to get opinions because I've read so many complain about how much vibration translated through making the ride less comfortable.

Degree of difficulty will be getting the old bushings out. I've had some that I've had to burn out because they were stuck so bad. And you may have to cut some of the bolts and replace with new.

I'd replace them with rubber bushings. The poly bushings will make your Jeep a bit stiffer.

I did the bushings on my 85 CJ7, and while it's not really hard, each bolt was rusted through, so you'll definitely need all new quality bolts.
You spend a couple of days squirting penetrating lube on the bolts, then you unbolt all the body mounts on one side jack up the Jeep and replace them, then move over the other side. It will take you an afternoon probably

Want to replace stock bushings with polyurethane. 84 cj7. Degree of difficulty? Tia

I just did a lot of work on my 81 cj7. I installed Performance Accessories 2 inch body mounts. I am happy with them. The biggest problem I had was the worn out holes where the others sat in. Dont think it really changed the ride much as my leaf springs are pretty darn stiff anyway.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150913_082609.png
    ForumRunner_20150913_082609.png
    317.2 KB · Views: 128
Back