finally ordered a new radiator

superj

my jeep has been running great, minus a slow over heat, since i put the v8 in. its fun to drive and sounds badass with the flowmaster exhaust. anyways, i finally broke down and ordered a 3 core aluminum radiator from radiator express so i shall let you guys know how it goes when it gets here and is put in. that slow over heat is all that has kept me from driving the ol yj regularly.

Are you using a clutch fan or electric fan ? I can't remember.
Slow even when idling or only when driving.

Running a three core Champion radiator, High flow water pump(Flow cool) and a high flow thermostat housing (hesco) on the 4.5 stroker, with no problems with the desert heat. Can crawl all day with multiple start and stops with no temp change. But found that running at freeway speeds I am getting a 10 degree rise in temp. But I believe its the incoming air and the E-Fan fighting, thinking, I might need to get those high speed baffles for the shroud. So you might look into that. (note) as soon as I hit the off ramp, and slow down from 65 the temp returns to normal. So be prepared for that.

Running a three core Champion radiator, High flow water pump(Flow cool) and a high flow thermostat housing (hesco) on the 4.5 stroker, with no problems with the desert heat. Can crawl all day with multiple start and stops with no temp change. But found that running at freeway speeds I am getting a 10 degree rise in temp. But I believe its the incoming air and the E-Fan fighting, thinking, I might need to get those high speed baffles for the shroud. So you might look into that. (note) as soon as I hit the off ramp, and slow down from 65 the temp returns to normal. So be prepared for that.

Is your e-fan a puller behind the radiator drawing towards the engine? Mine is and above 35 mph there is enough pressure and flow the fan never kicks on.

Don't rule out cavitation at highway speeds or coolant speed through the radiator is too fast to release the heat. With all the high flow components that would be my guess.

Back