2001 TJ Rear wiring

Green Acres

Jeep TJ 2001 - Need help on wiring. Left brake and turn signal quit working - was flashing fast, backup and tail light work fine. replaced bulbs still did not work so replaced lighting module. That stopped the fast flashing but still no brake/turn signal. I pulled the lighting assembly off and the green wire was broke… thought that would be an easy fix but found a rats nest of wiring from previousowner installing wiring for towing it. I can’t find an easy wiring diagram orcolor codes to remove this mess. Any help appreciated.

20110730_145016_tail_lights-1.gif

Thanks again JPIN PA - found the entire manual this came from!!! - Now ALL turn/tail lights work,,,Left brake light does not - still piddling with wiring.

Thanks again JPIN PA - found the entire manual this came from!!! - Now ALL turn/tail lights work,,,Left brake light does not - still piddling with wiring.

Just click on the pic to get full page view.

Check the ground at the light that is not working. If there was a trailer connection they may have cut the connection for the brake.

. Do you have trail guards over the rear signals?

Just click on the pic to get full page view.

Check the ground at the light that is not working. If there was a trailer connection they may have cut the connection for the brake.

. Do you have trail guards over the rear signals?

I had 1 screw in on the light assembly when all but the brake light was working, FINALLY just screwed in all 3 and Voila!!! all worked!!!

Thanks again JP!! Hope I can return the favor some day :)

I had 1 screw in on the light assembly when all but the brake light was working, FINALLY just screwed in all 3 and Voila!!! all worked!!! Thanks again JP!! Hope I can return the favor some day :)

Clean the ground connection or you'll have this issue again.

Back