Replacement carb

Motorcraft 2100 or 2150 in the 1.08 size with a Mr. Gasket carb adapter. Cheaper and easier to tune than a Weber.

its just the carb that came on your jeep. it has a little motor on the back that adjusts the air fuel a bit. i took it off of all the 4.2s i have ever had and ran many different types of carbs. i like the small four barrel holleys, personally, but lots of people like the two barrel motorcraft mentioned above and some people even like the weber 32/26 and the weber 38/38. just stay away from the weber 34/34. i happen to like webers but i even don;t like that one.

If I put a new carb in, is there anything I have to do to bypass that motor?

No, it comes off with the carb. You will need an adapter to put another carb, or you can buy a better intake that will fit another carb, like an offenhauser intake. There is another type of intake but I cannot remember the brand right now.

superj. Is the other intake that you're thinking of a Clifford? If it is, It's a piece of junk and over priced. I bought one and I've seen better Chinese junk. The one I got had casting voids in it at the machined surface and was hard to get it to seal. Offenhauser is the way to go if you get a new intake manifold.

I just want to replace the carb if I can't get this on going good. Think it will work better if I just get a rebuild kit?

Back