polyurathane motor mounts

How do you like them. Im looking to save wasted torque when accelerating. And also have built and installed a new exhaust and I think this could reduce twist to the system. Thanks for response on the motor mounts. Scott

poly motor and trans mounts are way harsh for a normal everyday driver. i have had them in a few vehicles and always ended up taking them out and swapping back to rubber. if you have good stock mounts in there, you won't get enough engine torque on take off to mess up your exhaust system but if your mounts are bad, even the transmission one, you could have twist issues which could ultimately lead to your engine dropping.

it happened to us on the wife's 93 sahara a number of years back. her bolts broke though and the engine twisted enough from a stop light to drop in between the rails and smash the oil filter. if my wife would have been driving, it probably would have not ended well but i was driving so i immediately shut her down.

I have brown down motor mounts on my TJ. I ordered the rubber ones, but they accidentally sent the poly ones - I didn't realize until I had them installed - my side mirrors vibrated with the engine at idle. The guys at Brown Dog were nice, and set out the correct ones right away, and with the rubber ones installed everything was nice and smooth again.

I wouldn't run poly mounts unless you really have to.

Back