Is your Jeep floor hot? Not mine anymore.

MORGSTER

I just wanted to share this with fellow Jeepers.
My 1989 Yj's front floor was so hot: There was no way to Jeep without carpet, unless it was winter.
Noticing the floor under the rear seat was fine I started looking under the Jeep for a solution. I spotted a large heat deflector between the muffler and the floor, which appears to work, so I purchased another one from my local dealer for $12.00. Removed the transfer case skid plate and with my trustee 5lb hammer reshaped it to fit between the cat and the floor. I fastened it with the same screws as the rear and a couple of small thru bolts in front, and I can't believe the difference. Now we can run carpetless when we want and it's way cooler with the top installed.
image-missing.png

Hope this can help someone else.
[addsig]

Awesome idea! I had thought about using some of that stick on heat / noise reducing stuff, but it was way too expesnsive. I may actually do this

Terry
[addsig]

I am so NEW to all this... Could this also be what I am experiencing?
I can't drive anywhere without my right foot/ankle overheating! I finally discovered a "vent" down by my gas pedal. I can open & close it, but even closed the heat just pours in (under & around it).. Since I don't have A/C it is unbearable.. Would what you did help my sitch as well? Even with the vent closed, I can't escape the hot hot hot! Mine's a '97.
:)

Diane your problem is the heater core is bleeding heat into the air coming out of your vent. It's a common problem with almost an car but more noticeable in our jeeps because the vent points right at your ankle. The only cure for this that I've found is to find two on/off valves at Lowes, Home Depot, etc. and install them into your heater core lines. Don't be scared off by that it's actually a very simple mod. You'll have to make sure to get any air out of your cooling system afterwards though. Here's a picture of how I did it.

100_0198-1.jpg

100_0197-1.jpg

Ok end of thread hijack. I figured it was relevant because both issues deal with keeping out the heat in our wranglers.

Great post, Wrangl3r93!!!!! Hopefully, you've solved her problem (stated a few different places..............it MUST be BAD!!!!:shock::shock::shock:

Gotta love the "Z"!!!!!:beer::beer::beer:

Back