2008 Wrangler X Fuses

We have established that the battery is good on my 2008 Wrangler X, but something is draining the battery. Two different garages have told me $1-2K+ to replace module for fuses. I don't have $1-2K. The alarm system is a suspect as well as the key. I have done a lot of reading, but one question I have is: Is there a way to disable the alarm system to see if that is the culprit?

To find a circuit that is draining power you get a multi meter that can measure current.
Set it up to measure current and place it on the 1amp scale as a start.
With the jeep off remove the negative cable from the battery.
Place the meter between the cable connector and the battery post.
The current should be less than 50 mA or 0.05 amps.
Re adjust the meter so the reading is near max scale. This way changes are more noticeable.
Start pulling fuses. Start with any non stock accessory like an amp, radio, CB...
A stock radio and CPU uses most of the normal 50 ma for memory.
When the current dramatically drops towards zero you found the suspect circuit.

You also need to load test your battery and check that your alternator is charging the battery. A weak battery can have 12.6V as it should but not enough current charge to start a vehicle. Once the battery drifts towards 12 V starting issues will become an issue.
If the alternator does not charge the battery it slowly dies as the alternator should be the main supply while the engine is running. The running voltage should be 14.2 volts. If not your alternator is not likely charging the battery. Heavy loads like several high wattage lights or amps can exceed the alternator output.

Back