Yj half door lock cylinders into full door?

FredDog01

I picked up a set of full steel doors (age unknown ) without keys for the locks. Can I use the lock cylinders from my half doors if I switch the back lever? I have tried to purchase a set of new locks by matching them up to the cylinders the PO had in the doors. Nothing seems to match up. Tried looking up Wrangler, yj And even Cj locks nothing comes close.
PO states he had the doors on an Islander and he did not have any keys. The old cylinders look like they were replaced from a wrecking yard (yellow markings on cylinders ) so there is no way to tell what they came out of.
Thanks in advance
Stan
94 yj

Probably would fit. I did this with my doors on my Tj. I believe I changed the lever on the back also

Yes. Quadratec sells locks and door components. You could get the locks all keyed the same. They will be different from the ign.

Tried to match up the cylinder that was in the doors when bought, Quadratec has the ones that are in my half doors. The full door cylinder is a different type than the have.

Found local locksmith who made keys for the old cylinders. Only charged $28 with 3 keys. Turns out cylinders used old style amc/gm keys.

Back