Jeep yj loses power while driving

Update: 3/3/17

After taking it to several mechanics I finally found one that specializes in jeeps. It was an issue with the sensors. The O2 sensor and cams sensor where replaced. I Just picked up the jeep today and took it for a long drive and had no issues. Hopefully solve my problem. Now I feel little more confident driving around town. I will update if anything changes.

There was also an issue with the heater. Apparently the motor was toast. Replaced it and now the heater is working. Not that I use it much but at least it works now.

92 Jeep yj 4.0 runs fine for days and then it Loses power for a minute or two while driving and then revs back up. I stay on the gas it acts like it wants to stall then it takes off. Any idea what it's doing?

Problem was solved! Drove over 100 miles and did not have any issues :)

Cpl Recon just finished reading your threat, glad you got your y2k back running. I'm experiencing a similar situation with my 93 yj and wanted to ask you what do you think actually fixed your issue? I know you went through a lot of trial and error until finally got it resolved. Appreciate your help!

Cpl Recon just finished reading your threat, glad you got your y2k back running. I'm experiencing a similar situation with my 93 yj and wanted to ask you what do you think actually fixed your issue? I know you went through a lot of trial and error until finally got it resolved. Appreciate your help!

Holy crap....that was a lot of parts to get that fixed.

I think I have something similar going on....and maybe a couple bonus issues.....

So far I changed spark plugs, wires & cap. Tossed in a new battery....

Today k merged onto a parkway and I get into 3rd gear and its like not going passed 35 miles an hour and just feels like its gonna die....

I pulled over to a side street and then waited like 5 mins and started it up and was able to get it home.

I was able to get full power for most of the drive ...... I think I can smell something burning? Like burnt plastic/rubber?

My other main issue is when driving I hear constant squeaks from front end......

Brakes seem to be shot now also ....whe I apply brakes the car is swaying hard to one side.....

This is gonna be way expensive I do believe..... 😞

Squeaks?
Check ujoints of drive shafts and axel shafts.
By sway i take it it is while braking.
Brakes pulling inspect, bleed all new fluid and replace if needed. Be sure to grease or clean where the pad sit and the glide pins. Look for bent lines and pinch points.

For the parkway issue is this new or ongoing? Describe exactly what happens and when.

Like starting from cold or warm or hot engine. After 0 mij 2 min or 39 min of driving. It hesitates, boggs, misses, knocks… i hear this noise like???? The battety gage, temp gage and x is off…

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Back