Name these parts

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
After a particularly hard landing in some mud, I've got some broken pieces that I'd like to replace... I just don't know that their called.

Under the Jeep, driver side, rear - looks like it's going into the gas tank. The hose that appears to have a fancy connector on it is broke in half.

IMG_3750.JPG

IMG_3751.JPG

And a few of these, brackets that hold lines in place, along the frame. I have a feeling this may be a dealer piece

IMG_3754.JPG

One looks to be the fuel line to fuel filter and the other looks to be for evap

I think it's an evap line, but I've been googling all day, and can't find a name or replacement part for it. I can't really trace the other end - it appears to be going to the fuel tank.

I know that Dorman has replacement quick disconnect fuel line by make so in our case that will be a Chrysler . I believe that these are referred to as HARD EMISSION LINE . That is usually the name of plastic hard lines whether used for vacuum signal lines , fuel or evaporative . Hope this helps .

terry; what year is your jeep. ? mine is a 94 wrangler and I have worked up in that area. the gas cap is under the rear licencence plate. in that area is a fuel filter, gas and vent lines and a poor tank conection. vinn

the one going to the steel line is replaceable. prolly dealer. cuz i replaced one at work. but the evap may go to the front of the engine unless you are crafty with those nylon line repair kits. i know there is a special tool to push them into the line.

that one looks like a tj. prolly newer than 99 cause of quick connect evap line. mine is just a rubber hose to steel line and one of those pinch clamps

I've got a 2005 Wrangler. I ended up going to the dealer for the part - I don't think anyone sells them after market. Looks like I'm going to have to drop the tank.

The part is #1 in the diagram

SA1447916011315460_0001.jpg

SA1447916011315460_0002.jpg

Back