Why does it matter???

Jeep#3

I was looking through the Quadratec catalog and I noticed that cetain lift kits are available for a Jeep with a hard top or soft top. Why would what kind of top you have on matter in the lift? Am I missing something?

Just wondering!!![addsig]

I was talking with someguy about that when it came for prices for installation of the lift I wanted..he said weight. but does the hard top really make that much of a differnce?[addsig]

I know the hard-top is what... 140 lbs? And the soft-top with frame...60 lbs? I don't know!!! Weird![addsig]

Yeah I hear you it is weird. I was asking myself this same question a few weeks ago when I was looking through Quadratec.......... :-? [addsig]

i would say whatever is cheaper, go with... because every time you go offroad, you're likely to have different weights in there... though, the more expensive MAY be a little more durable... or might only be more durable in the rear[addsig]

I can't speak for YJs or TJs... but I do know that CJs that came from the factory with hard tops had a couple extra leaves in the spring packs to deal with the added weight. The lifts that you were looking at were probably using the same logic.

jim[addsig]

it sounds to me like theyre just making them as cheaply as they can. Regardless of whether i had a hardtop or soft top, i'd still want the heavy duty springs for my jeep. if theyre going to take away a leaf because you have 50 pounds less on your rear end, then i'd buy from another company anyway. you don't want a cheap suspension, it's a VERY critical part of your jeep, especially when you take it off road.[addsig]

Little bit heavier spring rate for the hardtop jeeps, which will boost a soft-top jeep very slightly or good if you carry lots 'o tools and spare parts like me :roll: [addsig]

Back