So I am back, kinda.. sorta...

Abutterfly

Hi everyone. Last time I was on here around October I was crying about the underbelly of my Jeep rusted apart, etc. Couldn't decide what to do, repair, sell, whatever. I did end up selling to a guy who said he "didn't recommend" just doing a patch job on it, since it needed a whole new frame job. Long story short, this guy bought my Jeep AND HE DID A PATCH JOB ON IT.. and it's been for sale ever since for way more than he paid for it. Long sad story short, my Wrangler is gone. I searched around for months...couldn't decide what to get. Another Wrangler? 4 door? Renegade? We ended up losing two other cars. One to our new teenage driver who made a left in front of someone... and my other daughters car that leaked Oil like the Exxon Valdez. I felt pressured.... the PRESSURE! For the love of GOD, the pressure. I ended up buying....... well... um...... don't throw rotten bananas at me now... I bought a 08 Liberty. The bigger tanky one. Needless to say it doesn't make me happy.. I don't feel good when I drive it and I have NO ONE TO WAVE TO!!!! Enough talk about that Liberty.

My hubby is looking around for another car. He has an old Cherokee. I saw a 95 Wrangler parked literally ACROSS the street from our house. Hubby went over and long story short, HE now owns it. It's quite a site, I mean SHE is.....she has a plate on the front that says ALICE.... so she is branded for life. It also has 3 little carousel horses attached to the grill... HA!~ actually one is a UNICORN. It's a real party wagon.

I do have a point to this post. I have a question. On he rear end of Alice on the back gate, there are two giant metal "loops" like grab bars. WHAT are these for? We thought for gas cans? Were these put on my Alice's former owner? I know someone on here knows why these are on there.

I will post some other little tid bits about Alice later... like how the previous owners son thought it would be interesting to hose down the inside with Flex Seal........I will be anxiously awaiting an answer.

Sorry to hear of all your troubles.

Pics please of the parts your asking about. And of your vehicles.
Libertys are not that bad. But they are not a wrangler.

The hoops on the back, are they attached to the bumper like this:

4a683202-0cfa-4b6b-8642-6185cbe73c6b.JPG

Those are actually the stock bumper for older Jeeps. Totally normal.

Bumperettes. The U.K. Rear bumper. Many just remove them.
Yes! That's what they are!! I knew someone would know! Okay...so the next little question...what are these things on the grill? Going to post a pic.....ha! I bet we own the Only jeep in the universe with 2 carousel horses and a unicorn on the grill. That was the clincher for us. SOLD!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
Me thinks someone was just a little strange ;)

If you like them, enjoy them otherwise they shouldn't be difficult to remove.

Yes! That's what they are!! I knew someone would know! Okay...so the next little question...what are these things on the grill? Going to post a pic.....ha! I bet we own the Only jeep in the universe with 2 carousel horses and a unicorn on the grill. That was the clincher for us. SOLD!
ooooo you have the modified jeep!!! ooooo

It has three extra Hp than stock!!!

haHaHaHa!

The installation of those horses could have been in the "What did you do to your jeep today thread" a few year ago...who knows :)

Bungee cord holding my clutch peddle in place. :verry-happy:

that poor liberty. you could pass that to one of the kids, they are actually pretty decent vehicles but you do not get any waves, that is for sure.

why not take that old cherokee and put a lift on it and make it cooler. those are actually the vehicles that kept jeep from going out of business and caused the suv craze in the late 80s and early 90s. they are super trucks for all around use, including off roading

True I like this mod for a high lift mount location
_35JPGset_id8800004005-1.jpg

Edit First image link broken.
DSCN0910-1.jpg

Last edited:
...lock it up tight if it's externally mounted, I've got a Cobra-links lock on mine despite it being inside I have only a rag top.

When I shut the tailgate, the spare tire sits firmly on the handle of the jack. It 's not going nowhere. Wasn't hard fitting it there, main tool is a grinder with a cut off wheel. I think I made 1 1/2" deep slots for it to fit. Then I got some plastic molding at autozone that would fit the interior of the slots to act as a cushion, and prevent rattle. Worked out good.

Last edited:
Back