Radio Radio Power Problem

djak12

I have a 95 YJ that has a hard top. The radio and overhead lights were working great until I took off the hard top this year. I unplugged the wiring from the hardtop and I can't remember if there was something else that goes into that open plug to complete a circuit or not. If not then I must have another problem to find. All the fuses check out so I am puzzled. Any help on this matter would really help.[addsig]

I have an '02 and there is nothing that plugs into the harness when the hard top is off.
[addsig]

If there is nothing that plugs into the outlet then can anybody make a usful hint on what the problem might be. If if was only the radio then it would be easy but to have both that and the over head lights go off then now it has me stumped. Everything else is working great.[addsig]

When you pulled the wire harness off it may have cut thru the insulation and shorted the fuse. Did you check the fuse with a tester instead of just eyeballing it. Sometime it is hard to tell if the fuse is bad.[addsig]

I had the same exact problem...turns out it was a fuse. The fuse is not in the inside fuse panel but in the fuse box in the engine compartment by the battery. Next to all the huge fuses you should see 2 mini ones. It should be one of those.[addsig]

Thanks for all the info. I have tested the fuses on the under dash fuse panel with a tester and that is what was causing me all the problems. They all checked out good. I did not think to test the fuses under the hood for this problem so I will do that as well. Thanks to everyone on the info and I will tell you if that was the problem.[addsig]

RayoVac thanks for the info. The 10 amp fuse in the engine compartment was the problem. I changed it out and everything works great.[addsig]

Cool man...yeah I had the same prob... I gave up after a while and just wired my radio to another circuit and forgot about the dome light. After like 2 months I was checking fuses for another unrelated thing and stumbled upon that one that was burnt. I replaced it anyway even not knowing what it was for. Sure enough my dome light came on and after checking the radio power circuit it was good.[addsig]

Back