Hardtop for two door 2001 Wrangler 4.0 TJ w/full doors?

David L. Ribeca

Hi All,
I need help, folks. I have a 2001 two door wrangler Sport, 4.0L TJ, with full doors, and I want to purchase a hardtop for it. My local Jeep dealer told me that Jeep no longer makes a HT for my 2001 model Jeep. I want the "best" and "least expensive" after market HT out there with the "SIMPLEST" and the closest factory-like installation HT kit one can find.... I would have it shipped to my home for installation. Any ideas? Please give me some advice and a few direct links to sellers. I found a few sellers easily online, but I need a consensus from others to make a good decision. Thanks, everyone...

Dave R.

Attachments

• DSCF2094.JPG
    DSCF2094.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 3,720
Last edited:

Where are you located?

I would buy a used factory hardtop off of craigslist or similar site. There are new aftermarket hardtops, but I don't have experience with them. Take a look here:
Jeep Hardtops - 4 Wheel Drive

Thank you for the reply, Terry.... I live in the Cape Coral/ Fort Myers, Florida, area and I checked with Craigslist and there are "none" for sale. I went to the site you suggested and saw the Smittybuilt HT. So far, it seems to be a good HT with easy installation instructions. I'm wondering if there may be an even better one in the same price range. Maybe others will reply with further guidance (what to watch out for) and suggestions.... Thanks again, for the reply.

Last edited:
I bought one on eBay a few years back. Had to drive 900 miles to pick it up but the price was right and well I needed a hardtop. Being your in FL you might need to look North at us cold States to get lucky.

thats it. i don't know why it came out the way it did. just hit that blue wording

$750 obo is a heck of a deal for a hard top.
I'd try and get them to throw in the hard uppers as well.

Back