What is ths stiking out of the plassic radiator tank?

Turbogus

038.jpg

039.jpg

It seems to be capped, but it's leaking. Is this a common modern part?

That cap which is secured with a clamp is split ! It looks like a bypass port depending on what application it can be used for besides the engine that is currently installed . But regardless , the clamp and cap must be replaced !

Could that be the overflow/ expansion tank and the above that you have the overflow/expansion tank hooked to be a mounting post or spacer???

Pic from further out please.

On second look it could be as stated above. Another bypass hookup.

ahhh regained my brain, the hose above is the overflow/recovery line (no clamp but now fixed) and t lower one I guess could be fora aux heater. Here's what it looked like;
052.jpg

Seems the mechanic overtorqued that clamp.

Now it's on to the MIA radio Power/Volume knob. Twice to the boneyard and not a match yet! There seems to be varying depths of "D" connectors for Delco radios. WP_20160609_13_26_51_Pro.jpg

We just don't get a break , do we ? Most would think the radiator fix would be the tough job compared to a radio knob . No slack , they just don't make radio knobs the way they used to. That bothers me to . That's why things never get completed . Can't find decent parts sometimes .

I've got three knobs and modded one of them with my trusty Dremel tool, reinsalled and it's only slightly dodgy I'll see how it goes until I find the correct replacement.

In the true spirit of the Core , you truly improvise , adapt and overcome ! Outstanding Marine ! Hoo Rah !

I had the same radio knob problem in my TJ..I used a hole saw to cut a piece of would them glued a couple tooth picks on one side in the hole to make a d shape that fit. Then sanded and painted it took a cap from my favorite beer glued it to the end them applied some glue on the hole applied and waited for it to dry. Took less than an hour and had a custom radio knob that fit.

What about epoxy in one of these that fit?
pks215-1.png

There are some online stores that offer new and used knobs for less than $5

Last edited:
I've got a couple of these from the knobs I've picked up at the boneyard. Strangley one of the knobs I found took two of these and I was able to click the push button to the correct depth without bottoming out on the SCV (sound Control Volume) ring knob underneath. Road trip today tell if it holds up okay.
Ooooh Rah Greg!

...although the Advance, Adapt and Overcome thing is after my time. When "Get thar firstest with the mostest" turned into save a penney, risk your life. This, from my experiences at MCLB Barstow.

Back