What is ths stiking out of the plassic radiator tank?

What is ths stiking out of the plassic radiator tank?-038.jpg

What is ths stiking out of the plassic radiator tank?-039.jpg

It seems to be capped, but it's leaking. Is this a common modern part?
    Quick fixes are so named for how long they stay fixed.
    If you run out of gas, no matter which way you decide to push, the closest gas station will always be uphill and in the other direction. Corollary: The likelihood of running out increases when all of the nearby gas stations are closed.
    The parts shop that stocks part for Skylab II will not have parts for our year/model of Jeep.
    We cannot accurately judge the trajectory of a speeding critter (cat, dog, sasquatch).

Re: What is ths stiking out of the plassic radiator tank?

That cap which is secured with a clamp is split ! It looks like a bypass port depending on what application it can be used for besides the engine that is currently installed . But regardless , the clamp and cap must be replaced !
    Never overlook the obvious . It's usually right in front of us

Could that be the overflow/ expansion tank and the above that you have the overflow/expansion tank hooked to be a mounting post or spacer???

Pic from further out please.

On second look it could be as stated above. Another bypass hookup.
    "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up" - Jesse Jackson

ahhh regained my brain, the hose above is the overflow/recovery line (no clamp but now fixed) and t lower one I guess could be fora aux heater. Here's what it looked like;
    What is ths stiking out of the plassic radiator tank?-052.jpg

Seems the mechanic overtorqued that clamp.
    If you run out of gas, no matter which way you decide to push, the closest gas station will always be uphill and in the other direction. Corollary: The likelihood of running out increases when all of the nearby gas stations are closed.
    The parts shop that stocks part for Skylab II will not have parts for our year/model of Jeep.
    We cannot accurately judge the trajectory of a speeding critter (cat, dog, sasquatch).

Now it's on to the MIA radio Power/Volume knob. Twice to the boneyard and not a match yet! There seems to be varying depths of "D" connectors for Delco radios. What is ths stiking out of the plassic radiator tank?-wp_20160609_13_26_51_pro.jpg

We just don't get a break , do we ? Most would think the radiator fix would be the tough job compared to a radio knob . No slack , they just don't make radio knobs the way they used to. That bothers me to . That's why things never get completed . Can't find decent parts sometimes .

I've got three knobs and modded one of them with my trusty Dremel tool, reinsalled and it's only slightly dodgy I'll see how it goes until I find the correct replacement.

In the true spirit of the Core , you truly improvise , adapt and overcome ! Outstanding Marine ! Hoo Rah !

I had the same radio knob problem in my TJ..I used a hole saw to cut a piece of would them glued a couple tooth picks on one side in the hole to make a d shape that fit. Then sanded and painted it took a cap from my favorite beer glued it to the end them applied some glue on the hole applied and waited for it to dry. Took less than an hour and had a custom radio knob that fit.

Far out!

What about epoxy in one of these that fit?

There are some online stores that offer new and used knobs for less than $5
    Last edited by JPNinPA; 06-11-2016 at 08:43 AM.
    "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up" - Jesse Jackson

I've got a couple of these from the knobs I've picked up at the boneyard. Strangley one of the knobs I found took two of these and I was able to click the push button to the correct depth without bottoming out on the SCV (sound Control Volume) ring knob underneath. Road trip today tell if it holds up okay.
    Ooooh Rah Greg!

...although the Advance, Adapt and Overcome thing is after my time. When "Get thar firstest with the mostest" turned into save a penney, risk your life. This, from my experiences at MCLB Barstow.