Coil spring suspension?

Exalisty

I have a four inch leaf spring lift I want to convert it over to a coil spring. Will this make the ride a little smoother? Also is the conversion pretty easy and what will I need to do this? I have looked at quite a few kits just wanted to know if that is all I will need. I have a 95 yj.

Spring rates are what will soften the ride. You could get some stuff coils that you will feel the pebbles in the road or some that provide a ride like a Cadillac.

Last edited:
It's not a cheap or easy conversion. It requires cutting the leaf spring hangers from the frame and welding on control arm brackets, making sure the control arm geometry is correct and spot-on accurate.

What brand of leaf spring and shock are you running now? You can run a different lift kit setup for an improved ride. Consider Bilstein 5125 shocks and make sure the spring and shackle bolts aren't over tight. Also make sure the spring eye bolts aren't seized in the bushings, that'll make for a harsh ride.

i remember Fabtech made a completly bolt on 6inch coil spring conversion for yj's. it was from quadratech. that was almost 10 years ago.

Nothing better than a jeep with leafs. Coils just don't sound right.

Back