Can Someone Help Me Now!!!!!!

Relton_Tuckerjk

So I just purchased a 2008 jeep wrangler and I've had it for about 4 weeks now and yesterday I drove home from work and it was working fine then this morning I wake up and go get in and the clutch felt normal but the gears seemed to not be fully engaged. At first it would start to move but very slowly then after I was able to park it again it didn't move at all. got underneath it and everything looked like It should from jst looking at and there were no signs of leaks.

What could this be?

Welcome to Jeepz.com Relton.

Do you happen to have a body lift on your Jeep?
Are you able to get into 2nd, but not first?
Does it grind at all?

Is your transfer case / 4x4 shifter in Neutral? Does it make a difference if you shift to 4wd HI (don't drive on the street in 4wd, just test).

Check your linkages under the body. If you have a body lift it is possibly the linkages either pulled from the tub or are jammed. It is also possible the shifter is hitting the opening in the tub because of the body lift and knocking it out of gear. That's is if you have a body lift.

If you are placing it in gear and it isn't moving that's different. Low fluid in trans or clutch messed up synchro...bad clutch clutch needs adjusting.

Being you only have it a few days talk to the PO. A flush and fill may be a good start. Use synchromesh.

Last edited:
^2X^

And don't cut the pressure plate. Scuff it only. The plate has s dish to it. If you cut and flatten that the clutch will chatter and cause issues.

Back