Rare Jeep

Knuckles

Girlfriend was traveling home from Black Forest and saw a very rare Jeep pulling a trailer. Sent me this picture. I don't know what model it is. Was surprised to see the big wheels and tires.

Attachments

• jeep in flack forest.jpg
    jeep in flack forest.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 343

Looks like a TJ but really confused about the post. Its rare? Not sure if it was meant sarcastic or not.

That model is a dime a dozen in the US, especially with oversized tires. That's why we were confused with your post.

It's the Wrangler TJ made from '97-'06.

It was a bit of a puzzle post. Should not be all that confusing. German license plate, European style trailer, Black Forest, think most readers got it.

Not to worry. Trailers there are made to be towed by compact cars. Trailers are made very light. The TJ can handle it easy. A strong cross wind would worry me.

jeeps are probably rare in Germany cuz they are still mad about ww2 and the willy's and such. Remember the willys won ww2 and was far superior to the Kubelwagon.
i wonder if they have Kubelwagon.com in Germany. and maybe someone from the US takes a picture of a kubelwagon towing a trailer with Jersey plates. Just lettin my mind wander. :)

its rare because of hte cost of importing and also the high tax on engine displacement and gasoline costs. they are not only getting taxed for owning a vehicle, they also get a tax similar to a gas guzzler tax. i think anything over a 2.0 gets the higher tax for the large engine, if i remember reading right

The tax might not be to bad if it has the 2.4 litre engine. If it is Manuel transmission it would have 4:11 rear and the tires look to only be around 31" so it would pull the trailer just not very fast.

Ford used to make a small flathead V8 for europe, they called it the mini 60 [60 hp] If I remember correctly it was 136 cid. My 53 ford tractor 4cyl is 134 cid. My 51 F1 has a 239cid flathead V8. The mini 60 had to have little baby pistons. The main reason they built that engine was to give the folks in europe a V8 with lower taxes.

jeeps are probably rare in Germany cuz they are still mad about ww2 and the willy's and such. Remember the willys won ww2 and was far superior to the Kubelwagon.
i wonder if they have Kubelwagon.com in Germany. and maybe someone from the US takes a picture of a kubelwagon towing a trailer with Jersey plates. Just lettin my mind wander. :)
Here's an article realative to that;
1944 PKW Type 82 Kübelwagen - Four Wheeler Magazine

Back