Please help

stumblnyj

AX15 transmission help!!! I have recently (back in the summer) began a project/ goal of mine to put a 350 sbc into my YJ. I have purchased all of the parts/ adapters needed to adjoin the sbc to the AX15 transmission. My problem is now that everything is installed I can't get the transmission disengage with the clutch pressed all the way in. As soon as I shift into gear the wheels begin to spin. Also it is hard to shift into the other gears. The transmission is from a 95 YJ that was replaced with a brand new Jasper trans in 2004 and has been sitting in my garage for about eight years after that jeep was totaled in a collision. I have read online that it could be the fluid level. Checked that and the fluid level is good. Could it be the synchros? I'm not familiar enough with the transmission guts to know. Also the collision caused the front driveshaft to split the t-case. Is it possible the impact would have effected inside the trans? Everything was working fine with the trans until we start the motor and only with the motors running. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Ha Disregard!!!!!! What a stupid fix. I had the clutch in backwards.

Glad you got it figured out man. I've never done a clutch myself, it sounds like an easy to make mistake.

The clutch disc can go in either of two ways lol. Glad you figured it out.

I did a similar swap in my '88 YJ using the stock trans.

Back