What do you use to clean the soft top?

yellowmustang94

I have a 99 TJ with a black soft top, and it looks terrible due to getting muddy over the last year I've had it. I am trying to sell it now, and I got the paint looking pretty, but the darn top looks like crap! It has all these mud spots all over it! I went through and scrubbed it real good, even tried using some Convertable Top Cleaner stuff! The only thing that works it tire-shine, but it only lasts a couple of days (until it rains!) Any advice? Thanks!

Danny
image-missing.png
null
[addsig]

I use a product called Relialbe Spray Cleaner. in the shade you dampen the soft top and then spray this cleaneron the top in sections, then use a soft brush working it around in a small circular motion. then rinse well. If the top is really bad you will need to scrub alttle more and may need a second application. If you start out cleaning the top with this stuff it actually has something in it that leaves a layer of protection behind and makes it easier to use the next time around. You can buy this stuff online at Reliable Products it's available in there RV area. It works by far the best. We sell this stuff in our shop and get a lot of positive feedback from customers. It also works great on tires too, leaves them nice and black and again makes it easier to clean later. good luck

Eastcoastoffroad.com

image-missing.png

[addsig]

Back