Fuel gauge help please

1picurn

Old subject but I'm new to the forum world. I have a 78 cj5 258, i just replaced to metal fuel tank with a this..MTS 0051XLASSY Polyethylene 20 Gallon Fuel Tank with Complete Installation Kit for 78-86 Jeep® CJ-5 & CJ-7 from quadratec. Along with that i also replaced the dash and all the gauges, including the speedo cluster, also from quadratec. So all is hooked up and the fuel gauge is pinned on full. I have read a lot about this and here is what I have checked and the results. All grounds are good, body, block, frame, and dash were checked with test light. So i checked ohms next. I put 4 gallons of gas in the tank and apparently that's not enough to feed to pump very long before the engine stops, (don't ask how I figured that out :(. So I know that the tank is "Empty". Now for the ohms results...

Sending unit at the tank-
Empty- 83
Full - 10.3

Sending unit wire at the gauge-
Empty 83

Fuel gauge-
A to I- 2
A to S-23
S to I- 25
A to speedo housing- 46
I to speedo housing- 47
S to speedo housing- 70

Temp gauge-
A to S- 23

So from what I have read all these numbers sound like they are good? The only one I think is out of range is the A to I on the fuel gauge, should be less than 0.

So i hooked everything back up and the fuel is still on F. Any ideas and help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.:confused::confused:

Back