Next Tires

Make sense to me 78cj71ton. One more thing to consider that I just thought of is that the compound is going to tend to be harder on a big tire like that. Altogether that spells reduced traction ON Highway for 3 reasons. 1 uneven tread contact pressure for ON HIGHWAY service due to overly low actual pressure set for Comfort reasons when compared to design pressure (see previous comments) 2. Lower coefficient of friction due to harder rubber compound 3. Overly low force per unit area (between tire treads and roadway surface) due to much larger contact patch compared to stock tires.

Jeez... can never get something for nothing can we... :-(

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Here is what I'm using D rated. Maybe 8 or 9 ply. I'll check my tires tomorrow to see. I've seen these for 500 bucks or so with 90%tread for 4 tires . Mine were 90-95% tread 600 four all 4 shipped to my door. I installed them on the rims myself. 74eb1b_20facf1ffd052ee39e732f17de39cc83.png

Sent from my D6708 using Jeepz.com mobile app

Load range D, 8 ply and puncture resistant side wall. 3850 lbs at 50 psi. I'm running mine around 28-25 psi front and rear. Wear seems good, can't beat the the price. I mounted mine on 10 inch wide rims. A little wider rim will allow more air pressure and better wear on road but they get stiff with more air. I'm using beads inside the tires for balancing, I would go with wieghts. A lot of people don't have much luck with the beads, so I've read. They are definitely a stable ride. They do do not walk or wallow side to side like my previous Dunlop 35" did. That is important when you driving down the freeway. I used my jeep to a 24 ft outlaw boat for 3 years. I towed at 70 mph with just a few more lbs of air. It never wandered while towing. I like the tires, on road safety is a big concern with me

Sent from my D6708 using Jeepz.com mobile app

Last edited:
Back