Next Tires

Shaffer01TJ

Hi everyone, this is my first post on the Jeepz forum. I've got an 01 TJ with a 4" suspension lift and it's about time for new tires. I currently have Mickey Thompson MTZ 33's but wanted to try something different. Anyone ran the Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's? Or other recommendations? Thanks ahead of time for the sage advice!

Jeff

Here is one with 36x13.5 x15 newjeep.jpg

Sent from my D6708 using Jeepz.com mobile app

Just today i received my Nitto terra grappler's in 305 /70 R16. The reviews were great but will see once mounted. My brother runs Cooper tires on his Jeeps.....yes JEEPS. Lol

The load range I'm seeing is 2205. Is there something else I should be looking for? Recommended?

I need E because I tow q big boat. The side walla are very stiff and keeps the wallowing side to side to a minimum

I agree with 78CJ71TON. The caveat is that when you are not Towing that heavy load, those heavy-duty tires are going to ride real hard if left aired up to factory recommended pressure settings for that jeep. Running lower pressures in higher capacity tires when NOT towing will definitely help soften up the ride but it will also tend to make the tires wear unevenly (more wear over time near the edges and less near the center of the treads). Under-inflated will also tend to exasperate that sidewall flex you're trying to avoid in the first place... Catch-22...:-(

RR

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

I'm running the 37x12.5 x 16.5 good year military OZ tires from the humvee. They are radials and 9 ply. I run about 25 lbs of air on the road right now. They can get really stiff when you add air. But they are Tuff as nails and so far wear seems good. Bead locks would be good with them at around 5 to 10lbs. once I get more crap bolted on my rig the extra weight will help compress the tires

Back