1979 CJ7 Quadra Trac - With a Chevy 350 Vortex Motor- Need radiator

cjsit960

Looking were to get a Radiator /aluminum /and electric fans for a Chevy 350 5.7L vortex and TH400 transmission /quadra trac
that i am installing in a 1979 CJ7 quadra trac Jeep
Restoring the entire jeep 1979 CJ7 Just changing the motor.

Any info will will be greatly appreciated

I will post picture as i keep going thx

Started with a Full running Jeep - Frame was Rusted - Replace the Frame with a none rusted one
sand Blasted it and Put Por15 on frame and axles, Has Anybody Used a Fiberglass Body we are in the north best and want to avoid rust

Motor in the work

Attachments

• 10-11-2018 024.JPG
    10-11-2018 024.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 32
  • 11-4-2016 011.JPG
    11-4-2016 011.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 31
  • 1294.JPG
    1294.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
  • 11-7-2016 017.JPG
    11-7-2016 017.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:

which side does the radiator need to come in and out on? lots of people do that swap so someone will make the radiator you need. they made one for me to put a 302 into my 87 wrangler and not many people put ford motors in

Don't go cheap and get a Mishimoto radiator, hear bad things about them. I just installed a Howe Aluminum radiator in my old Jeep with a 6.3 L. It seems to be doing fine. Also had a custom shroud made and installed a two speed elec. fan.

Do they have one of that works with the chevy 5.7 Vortec potor to work in the 1979 CJ 7 Jeep with a TH400? i will call them tomorrow THX

Speedway motors.. They have aluminum jeep conversion radiators, or regular chevy radiators,. I put one in my jeep with GM v8 and its cools awesome, I rarely turn the fans on. $129.00 + shipping, I think mine was around 155.00 to my door. The 129.00 aluminum radiator doesn't have any mounting tabs, you can make your own or they will sell you some. For a fan, look into ford tarus fans, I have one in my jeep and they move a lot of air.

Thx- I just call them - How did you come up with your measurements - I have the old radiator that was in the jeep with a 6 Cylinder. Can i give them those measurements
and the they will give me the correct on for the Chevy GM 5.7L Motor with transmission. Thx which electric fans did you go with? Which one did you use in your jeep?

Thx

There is a bunch of 3 and 4 row radiators on eBay from 125 to 180 bucks. I got mine there no issues. I have the 3 row cooling a 401 with standard trans behind it. 1978 cj7

Sent from my D6708 using Jeepz.com mobile app

Last edited:
I also have a fiberglass body and doors for mine. Windshield frame, doors and grill are steel.I I have fiberglass doors for it also just need mount then paint them.I love it. No Rust

Thx. I am going to buy a new Fiberglass body from Shell Valley you know anybody Else that does them ,

I used a volvo 2 speed fan on mine because of the amount of air it moves. Also heard great things about Ford Taurus fans but they were a little to big for my build.

Well, I tried to upload a picture of my radiator with the tarus fan on it, but cant seem to get it to load. I used my computer to take the picture and used the "insert image" on here but it didn't work, worked in the past?? My radiator is 26" wide and 19" tall and fills the whole radiator area, but fits perfect. you may want to go a size smaller just to be sure it fits. You are wanting a radiator fan correct? your not looking for a heater fan too are you? if so, as mentioned, the blazer heater fan is the way to go.

Yes just need the Radiator with electric fan aso want hem to be use to cool the transmission
My heater fan work when i pulled it out i may replace it.
Can you email the picture

cri331-at-aol

Thx

U.S body source in Florida also makes the I think there's also one or two other companies out there that makes fiberglass bodies for Jeeps also m I think there's also one or two other companies out there that makes them

I know shell Valley makes a good body control seems a little bit expensive and US Body Source seems to have make a pretty nice body too if you get the heavy duty version

well, the picture is on my computer. I tried to send it to you but it wants some url number, which I know nothing about.. ill keep messing with it and hopefully get it up real soon.

Back