1994 jeep yj, bogging down, no acceleration

skyler120

Hello everyone, I have a 1994 jeep wrangler yj that I bought about a week ago, I noticed that when I'm driving around if I get on the gas to much or give it to much gas its starts to bog down and the acceleration goes to crap, the only way I get it to stop is to let the jeep sit for a half hour or so and then it'll run fine until I give it to much gas again and it does the same thing, its a 5 speed 2.5l with only 100,000 miles on it, I'm wondering what would make it do this so I'm on here asking and hopefully some one can help me out, thanks :)

Might be a rich fuel mix and your flooding it ....

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Check the spark plugs. Do you have a code its throwing off. Maybe out of timing. Mifiring. Spark plug wires bad.

the only code I got when I checked was a open circuit code, not sure if that'll do it or not. and I can try replacing the spark plug wires and see if that helps first

Also check the fuel filter to make sure its not plugging. And maybe check to see what kind of fuel pressure your getting. I think that model is supposed to get around 31 lbs at idle. Also could be your fuel regulator.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Jeepz.com mobile app

When you let it sit are you letting it idle while sitting. Because it might be that while your not on the throttle its building fuel pressure at the fuel rail and when you give it throttle the fuel pump or filter is not keeping up with the amount of fuel to the rail if that makes any sense which would be a plugged filter or failing fuel pump!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Jeepz.com mobile app

Back