Motor swap

thanks, superj. that is the major problems. most will get on the freeway eventually. what a disappointment ! except for the engine,small transmission. hydraulick clutch linkage and extreame gas consumption , the 94 yj is a great rig, i'm keeping mine - even f I have to get to town on the back roads. vinn

This thing eats gas like a v8 and then some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it will be easier to drop in the 4.0 that the 8 cyl 350. You wont have to change the entire drive line, and the weight is considerably less.

Where did you learn this? None of the 2.5L driveline works with the 4.0L engine.

The weight between the 4.0L and a GM 5.7L is comparable.

the link is right in the post. and yes the 4.0 caan be bolted up to the transmission from a 2.5, both Novak and Advance Adaptor make the kits for a direct drop in, and the GM 350 is a good 50% heavier than the 4.0, which is far from comparable.
this is why the front suspension gos sout so fast on v8 wranglers. one of the tricks we would pull when dropping a V8 in a CJ was to use the front springs from A V8 Cherokee to compensate for the weight difference so it wouldnt start sagging.

its called more torque per RPM, so you didnt have to use as much throttle, this small displacement engine getting bettter gas mileage bs is a detroit hoax, its torque plus gearing that gives fuel mileage

Back