95 Jeep Wrangler manifold gasket problems

Dconfer

I recently brought my 95 wrangler in to have the manifold gasket replaced ...the following day the check engine light came on and it started missing and it would barely climb the mountain ...the garage put a new fuel filter it didn't solve it I think it has something to do with when they put the new gasket in but they can't seem to locate the problem can anyone help me before the garage puts anymore parts on this vehicle

Welcome to Jeepz.com! I'm not sure what's you can get from your 95, but you may try pulling the codes from the computer:
[FONT=&quot]Cycle ingition On-Off-On-Off, wait about 5 secondes

[/FONT]

do you know what codes are showing?
the above video is helpful BUT a shop should have a scanner.

Auto z and O'Reillys have scanners to use for free.
The above method is free and you don't have to go anywhere to do this. Just count the slow blinks and fast blinks. Slow are the tens and fast the ones for a two digit code. Then looking them up is free as well.
Post them up and we could help diagnose further and advise from there.

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

My guess is the install wasn't done correctly or something loosened. Either the intake or a vac line...

First post up the codes. That will greatly help diagnose the issue.

To determine if this is an issue start the engine and while it ideas slowly spray wd40 or carb cleaner around the intake then vac lines. If the idle changes you located a leak.

You could also have a bad O2 sensor or a blocked CAT converter. To check for a clogged cat remove the upstream O2 sensor from the pipe and start the engine. If the idle is better it is likely a clogged CAT. You will throw a code for the O2 but that will clear once it is replaced. For a bad o2 it's best to get the outputs compared.

Has the PCM been reset since the gasket replacement?

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

Last edited:
The garage told me they had no computer to hook the jeep up but I recently found on you tube how I can read the code as soon as I get them I will post them thank you

Why were you replacing the intake manifold gasket? Was it running poorly when you took it in?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why were you replacing the intake manifold gasket? Was it running poorly when you took it in?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The reason I changed the manifold gasket was because it was leaking and the fumes were bad and now I really wish I would if jus left well enough alone and rolled the windows down...lesson learned �� I will post the codes as soon as I can

not all 95's can be scanned OBD was first implimented in LATE 95. and first became standard in 96. this is something everyone forgets, 3/4 of the 95 vehicles (ALL MAKES) require the key jiggle to read the code off the check engine light.

Ok thank you ...so the update on my 95 wrangler had a bad alternator apparently it was working sometimes and other times not this is what the garage replaced I have had it for a week and ran it twice and so far so good keeping my fingers crossed ...thank you everyone

Back