CJ7 DUAL EXHAUST FUEL PUMP ISSUE with Chevy 350 Fuel Injestion

cjsit960

Any Suggestion on where i should put the fuel pump and the Fuel line.

!979 TH400 With Quadra trac with a Chevy 5.7L 350 Fuel injection.

I link i will have fuel vapor lock it up.

I put it on before i did the dual exhaust.

Attachments

• 5-1-2017 014.JPG
    5-1-2017 014.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 27

I would absolutely love to have such a difficulty in my garage at this time.... I would also love to have a garage......well damn...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Jeepz.com mobile app

Put the fuel pump in the tank while it's easy. It's the best place to put it because it stays cool and you can't hear it. If you have to install one externally, put it closest to the tank. Mount it on rubber to the frame, not the body, as I have learned, they can be noisy. What about a return line, don't you need one for fuel injection ? I'm pretty sure vapor lock isn't an issue with fuel injection. You can find a ton of heat shield choices at Summit for all your fluid lines running front to back.

Great idea thank you - I am mounting it to the frame rail of the gas tank with a rubber mount fitting definitely I do have the return line running on the left side and the fuel line is run in the frame on the right side - I will post the picture once it's done - Good project for a Cj7 jeep but I hope to be finished by next year - thanks

I have a similar drive train in my '61 wagon

5-13-2017 1009.JPG5-13-2017 1011.JPG

Thanks made a stainless bracket and bolted it to the frame, connect the fuel line and the return just need a 90 on the fuel line - any info can help. Thx

Last edited:
A good electric fuel pump with medium to high pressure, with an external regulator under hood wit a return line will prevent vapor lock since fuel will always flow.

Back