Camshaft pos sensor

Codes help paint the big picture. The cam sensor issue - The los of signal I think a new sensor was installed ?
There is a strange notation I found in my notes - Try this add a bottle of RISOLONE oil detergent It will eliminate

a possibility easier than checking it out thru inspection. As next would be wiring troubleshooting OHM cheking ec.

You C code will reqire a scanner our shop snappy is not capable of that jeep diagnostic path - really integrated system YAW input ect - Suspect a dealer only - I would do other codes* as they may affect (ABS) module logic.

*Meaning P and U codes
Yes a new sensor was installed and where do I add that oil? Just into the oil fill? Or on the sensor? And the c code clears when i clear my camshaft code.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

JUst add into eng oil - my note was a POSSIBALITY of VCT issue - and sensor not seeing correct position - that was easier to add than check cam position, trigger wheel by disassembly or with scanner...

With you code reader does it erase ALL or just selected code?
As I mentioned ALL cods need to be considered they MAY be triggers to logic "action taken" path.....simply example temp gage issue will affect AC commands, speedo to ABS,

JUst add into eng oil - my note was a POSSIBALITY of VCT issue - and sensor not seeing correct position - that was easier to add than check cam position, trigger wheel by disassembly or with scanner...

With you code reader does it erase ALL or just selected code?
As I mentioned ALL cods need to be considered they MAY be triggers to logic "action taken" path.....simply example temp gage issue will affect AC commands, speedo to ABS,
It just erases all of them. But the lights and radio come back on as soon as I turn the jeep back on. The others don't come on unless I am going highway speeds for extended amounts of time. Usually takes about 30-45 minutes going 70. Quicker going 80 (almost immediately).

It just erases all of them. But the lights and radio come back on as soon as I turn the jeep back on. The others don't come on unless I am going highway speeds for extended amounts of time. Usually takes about 30-45 minutes going 70. Quicker going 80 (almost immediately).

quick thought - is you speedo and system calibrated to new wheel and gears?

Didn't I read 4:88 and 35s - I wonder if the system will accept that combo let me know.

Didn't I read 4:88 and 35s - I wonder if the system will accept that combo let me know.
I put it in but it still reads like 5 miles off at hwy speeds.

I just read up on it and everyone says put measured height in so just changed it and I'll let you know if 1 that corrected my Speedo and 2 if the lights comes on again or not.

I just read up on it and everyone says put measured height in so just changed it and I'll let you know if 1 that corrected my Speedo and 2 if the lights comes on again or not.

i'm having the same exact issue with my 2013 jk sport. were you able to resolve this issue? any feedback is greatly appreciated...

Back