2003 Jeep Wrangler X Starting Issues

bearmde

First off, this jeep was running and driving fine. I bought this jeep with an aftermarket alarm and remote start on which the previous owner said that he did not use recently. So in my infinite wisdom, I decided to use it. New battery..programmed it.. etc...and now the jeep will not start. I have power to all accessories, and dash lights.. but nothing to the starter solenoid. We have poured over the schematics that I DL from a website on line. I have spent hours on youtube trying to figure out how to disarm and delete this alarm system. It was an Echo by Omega system. I am guessing 12 years old. It was old enough that you needed to splice into wires to make work...OK..we systematically removed the entire alarm and remote. The installer...god bless his heart did not cut any wires but one...and only spliced in and piggybacked the others. So.. we removed everything..and now have the factory harness complete. Annnnddd...nothing. I have power to everything but the start. It does not crank. We are getting 12 volts out of the ignition, and when I "start" with the key, I can hear a clicking noise over on dash in front of the passenger. Although we can hear what we think is a solenoid trying to pick up the starter.. it is not. We have looked at all wires, and made sure we did not miss a previous splice..etc. My question is...the Service Manual that I downloaded does not absolutely match up with my jeep. For example.. it says a certain fuse is in a certain spot, and it might be a number off. I downloaded it from a forum called jeepslimited..and it is an excellent manual..just not sure if correct. Does anyone have what they know is the exact manual with wiring schematic for a Jeep, 2003 X...or any ideas. My buddy is very good at understanding and reading schematics.. so he would be more apt to understand than me. Does anyone have any ideas what to check or do next. If I take it to a local shop, wondering if they plug it in to their MUTT computer, can it tell me what is not working.. or what..I know this is long, but now have over 10 hours into this...all because I wanted the damn remote..lol Thanks.

Aftermarket remote starters are problematic.
This is a 4.0L I had to guess..... YES?
I Will try to help - simple easy first
Is the security or CEL light on - get codes anyway - fast an easy.
Fuses check them ALL do not look at them check them -underhood box also #6 esp
Manual trans check clutch switch. Switch NO.
Advise if auto.

Yes, I am sorry, it is a 4.0 Litre. No codes or lights on dashboard. I have been chatting with a few others, and they seem to think that a Clutch switch is the culprit. I will check tomorrow. Thanks for replying.

Back